Drinking detox water is a great way to stay hydrated during a detox, and can be used as part of an everyday regimen. Whether you’re trying to lose weight or you simply want to look and feel healthier, one of the best ways to rid your body of harmful toxins is to drink water. Just 6 to 8 glasses every day will help to keep you hydrated and keep your vital organs in their best possible health.
Detox Waters have become very popular and there are many different recipes that you can make. We’ve collected 7 of the best for taste and health benefits.
APPLE CINNAMON DETOX WATER
Get the delicious flavour of apples and cinnamon in this easy-to-drink detox water. You’ll also get the benefits come from both apples and cinnamon. Apples have a unique mix of vitamins and minerals, and cinnamon has long been used as a healing spice. They’re using organic apples, a great idea when making detox water so it’s free of chemicals.
Also, make sure that you use organic apples because you don’t want to be drinking water that has apples that were sprayed with pesticides floating around in it and food grade cinnamon sticks and not the ones intended for crafting.
- 2 organic apples
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Ice (optional)
- Cut the apples into large chunks. Be sure you leave the skin on.
- Fill a Mason jar with chunks of apple, add 1 cinnamon stick and fill with water.
- Let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Serve over ice if you want or drink as is.
This water is especially made for dieters, but you can use it to detox as well and it will help you flush your system. It’s loaded up with green apple, cucumber, and mint, so you’re getting antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals in each sip. This is a crisp and refreshing water you can enjoy as often as you’d like.
- ½ green apple
- lime juice (optional but recommended)
- small handful of mint leaves
- Fill a large jug with the water.
- Thinly slice the apple and cucumber. The more thinly you slice them the more surface area there is to release flavour into the water. Add the slices to the water.
- Remove the mint leaves from their stems and slightly crush or twist them to help them release their flavour. Add them to the water.
- Let chill and steep in the refrigerator overnight. Serve with plenty of ice cubes. Strain out the fruit to serve, or leave some pieces in.
- Makes 2 litres.
OATMEAL DETOX WATER
Dislike eating oatmeal but still want to get its benefits? Try oatmeal detox water, which provides the nutrients from oats without having to sit through a bowl of oatmeal. This is a healing water whose proponents say it can remedy everything from a cold to infections.
What makes oatmeal water weight friendly?
- It is low in calories.
- It supports the liver.
- It is rich in dietary fibre.
- One cup oatmeal
- 3 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tbsps. on honey for sweetness. (optional)
The best way to boost your metabolism with oatmeal water is to drink a glass on an empty stomach. You can also drink it instead of water with your main meals (lunch and dinner).
Oatmeal water can last you for up to a week when refrigerated.
MANGO GINGER DETOX WATER
This Mango Ginger Detox Water recipe has helped 1000’s of people lose weight! Did you know Ginger and Mango both boost your metabolism?
Along with boosting your metabolism, ginger also is a natural pain reliever. From migraines to menstrual cramps ginger heals a lot of pain. It also helps reduce morning or motion sickness and banishes heart burn!
Mangoes not only boost metabolism, they also aid in digestion and boost your memory!
- 1 inch ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup frozen/fresh mango
- To peel the ginger use the back of a spoon or a vegetable peeler, just peel the part that you will be using.
- Using a sharp knife slice ginger into 3-4 coin sized slices.You want them about the size and thickness of the coin.
- Drop into your pitcher and add in the mango.
- Top with 3 cups of ice and then add with water.(the ice is important, it holds down the ginger and mango to help infuse the water)
- Place in your fridge for 1-3 hours before serving.
- When serving add a couple frozen mango chunks in a pretty glass for ice cubes.
WATERMELON DETOX WATER
Perfect for a hot summers day, this watermelon detox water is sweet, soothing and fresh. If you’re drawn to brightly coloured drinks which are often packed with artificial ingredients to make them taste and look good, this healthy watermelon infused water is a great alternative.
- 4 cups watermelon, cubes or balls (if you prefer use seedless watermelon)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon thinly sliced
- 2 litres of water (less if you prefer a stronger infusion)
- Place watermelon cubes, slices of lemon and lime into pitcher (to avoid bitterness, peel lemon and lime). Lightly crush watermelon, lemon, and lime. Crush mint leaves in your hand by lightly rubbing your hands together, then place in the pitcher.
- Add 2 litres of still water. If you prefer a sparkling detox water, add 1 litre of sparkling water and allow to infuse and then add the rest of the sparkling water when ready to serve.
- After adding 2 litres of still water or 1 litre of sparkling water, place pitcher in the fridge for at least 2 hours to allow the fruit and mint to infuse the water.
- Take the pitcher out of the fridge, stir the ingredients well.
- Optional: If you wish you can strain the detox water and discard (or eat!) the solids. Then either drink it as is or garnish with fresh watermelon, lemon and mint to serve.
- Add ice.
- Refrigerated, the watermelon detox water will keep for up to 2 days.
ALOE VERA DETOX WATER
Aloe vera is famous for astounding recuperating characteristics. These potent advantages of aloe have been known since earliest human civilization. Aloe vera is widely known for its healing powers, the miracle plant is now more well-known to be an ingredients in fruit juice recipes.
- 2 fresh aloe vera branches
- 3 organic oranges
1. Juice the oranges
2. Harvest the aloe gel.
3. Put the juice in your blender together with the gel.
4. Blend for a minute.
BLUEBERRY LAVENDER DETOX WATER
This one is a special detox that cures the mind and body alike. The blueberries naturally expel unwanted toxins in droves, and they release ample B vitamins into the system, which promotes energetic exercise alongside active engagement. The lavender is also particularly soothing for the brain. In terms of detox water recipes, it is hard to find another brew that delivers such stamina and clarity. When selecting lavender leaves, it is wise to select mature plants with robust petals. The opposite is true for berries. With smaller varieties, more nutrients can be jam-packed into the detox blend.
1/2 cup Blueberries
Edible Flowers ( Lavender Flowers) – to taste
- 1 litre of water
If you liked/disliked anything in particular leave a message/suggestion below.
Contact Us for collaborations.